• Dear Guest, Please do NOT forget to join our TESTING JOBS (ONLY) FACEBOOK GROUP to be aware of latest TESTING openings, and you may also post any TESTING related queries/jobs.

What will you do when you find a bug ?

when bug is found when we ra doing manual testing . if we dont have any bug tracking tool means . then we will prepare a bug or defects reports in excell sheet and then post that bug to test lead . then test lead will review that bug. if its is a bug then he will send to project manager then it will be send to team leader , then team leader will be send that bug to the concerned progmmer . then the progmmer will resovle that bug.

Once a defect found, u need to do the retest to check the reproducibility and do a RCA so that i wont be rejected and then log in the defect tracking tool with a detailed steps to reproduce.

Thanks
Stephen

Once a defect found, u need to do the retest to check the reproducibility and do a RCA so that i wont be rejected and then log in the defect tracking tool with a detailed steps to reproduce.

Thanks
Stephen
when bug is found when we ra doing manual testing . if we dont have any bug tracking tool means . then we will prepare a bug or defects reports in excell sheet and then post that bug to test lead . then test lead will review that bug. if its is a bug then he will send to project manager then it will be send to team leader , then team leader will be send that bug to the concerned progmmer . then the progmmer will resovle that bug.
Thanks for the Info, I feel it's quite real, what happens in real time.

Thanks for all!!

Will try to reproduce it by doing the similar steps and if it reproduced every time then Log the bug in the bug tracking tool by keeping the status of Reproducible as "Always" and assign it to the programmer/developer who has done the application for fixing.

If bug is not reproduced also, will write the steps when it has occured by keeping the status of Reproducible as "Sometimes" and assign it to the programmer/developer.

HI all,

When you find a bug in your application, do following steps.

1) Take a screen shot of the issue. If screen shot is not possible to take, then record the steps using recording tools like camstudio.
2) Open your bug tracking tool and login with ur credentials and post the issue with all details like issue type, build number, priority, severity, summary, description, steps to reproduce and module.....
3) attach the screen shot or video to that issue... and post it.

I hope it will be helpful for freshers......

Hi All
If I will find a bug ,I will send it to the test lead in order to review it.If the test lead think that it is a genuine bug then he sends it to the developer to fix that bug.After that the developer sends back for confirmation testing.Then i do the confirmation testing of that particular bug.So that it will not affect to the work product.

Thanks
Sudhansu

HI all,

When you find a bug in your application, do following steps.

1) Take a screen shot of the issue. If screen shot is not possible to take, then record the steps using recording tools like camstudio.
2) Open your bug tracking tool and login with ur credentials and post the issue with all details like issue type, build number, priority, severity, summary, description, steps to reproduce and module.....
3) attach the screen shot or video to that issue... and post it.

I hope it will be helpful for freshers......

hi, this is Jaishree.R

thank you for ur explation. Can u help me for my job seeking regard testing.

Hi All

When we find a bug and we are sure that this is a genuine bug, then we will take its screen shot as a record or proof of what we find. We will report it to developer. If we are not sure that the bug is not genuine or duplicate then we will pass it to our test lead, so that he can verify and report it to developer to fix the bug.

But to have the screen shot of every incident that we find is a good practice.